Wednesday, October 3, 2007

DNA Testing (July 20, 2007)

The picture over there is a pier leading out into the Atlantic Ocean. It seems to go on forever. Even though I know where it ends, in the picture, it seems to never end. I just seems so appropriate for this entry because I don't know where all of this will end.

The DNA test arrived yesterday (19 July 2007, Thursday) and it scared me a lot.

I took the test this mornng and mailed it off. If the dates are correct, I should kn0w by September 2007 where my mother's line originated.

Yesterday, a co-worker said she think there might be Cherokee on my mother's line. That was strange. But who knows.

I keep trying to guess the country of origin. The countries on Africa's coast are:

West African Countries:
Benin, Burkina Fason, Cote d'Ivoire, Cape Verde, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo.

Central African Countries:
Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Rwanda.
Well, I guess West and I will guess a country right now....

I think, Liberia. But I think it might be Nigeria. Then my second (or third, however you wish to count it) guess is Ghana.

No comments: