Tuesday, July 8, 2008

And the beat goes on.... and on.... and on....


I still have not moved any further in my search to uncover information. I have found a couple of new contacts who may be able to help, one lives in Philly near me and the other in NYC. Now that I have exhausted all of the "easy" processes, it gets a bit more difficult now.


I have requested a book of Sampson County wills from the late 1700s through the late 1800s and hope to find my family among some of the other valuables being passed down in families. There could be a chance that my great-great-great-great-grandmother might be listed within these papers; possibly even her mother. Then I can add one of two more branches onto my family tree. That would be great and it would look like this (sort of); Me - Joyce - Essie - Mamie - Harriett - Esther - her mother - her mother. I like writing this down because the more I find out, the longer my line gets and the happier I am about doing all this work.


I am also checking with all the local churches that my family attended to see if that reveals any useful information.


In addition to this, I have decided to go back to the archives in Philly and start going through the Freedman's Bureau records backwards. Supposedly, the marriages were put at the end. Hopefully I will unearth some good news.


I am also reading and re-reading all of the articles that I've collected so far to see if I can find a new path of exploration.


I'm hopeful.

No comments: